This course is aimed at corporate employees and other individuals who will be responsible for safety within the workplace. It is focused on basic fire prevention, confinement, extinction, and evacuation procedures. Employees attending this course will be equipped with the skills and knowledge required to minimise the possibility of injury and limit property destruction (thus reducing company liability), in the event of a fire within the workplace.
Who should attend?
Supervisors, employees, security personnel, and all other individuals who operate in and around the workplace.
No formal prerequisites exist for this course. However, basic literacy skills are essential.
The following topics are covered during the course:
- The nature and elements of fire
- Fire classification
- Basic fire fighting techniques
- Common causes of fires in the workplace, and their prevention
- Types of fire extinguishers and their application
- Strategic evacuation planning
The course is presented at venues throughout South Africa.