This course is intended for employees and supervisors, as well as other individuals, who need to ensure that health, safety, and environmental standards are maintained in the workplace environment. As regulations within the formal sector become increasingly slanted in favour of employees, customers, and the environment, businesses of all sizes will need to ensure that they stay within best-practice guidelines.
Who should attend?
Clerks, shop stewards, construction personnel, SHE committee members, and all other individuals who will be involved with, or responsible for, adherence to formal regulations and best practice guidelines.
No formal prerequisites exist for this course. However, basic literacy skills are essential.
After completing the Introduction to Business Management course successfully, you will receive a certificate of attendance.
The following topics are covered during this course:
- General health, safety, and environmental laws and regulations
- Legal standpoints regarding employers and employees in a health, safety, and environmental context
- The role and duties of a SHE representative
- SHE reporting according to best-practice guidelines
- Conducting site inspections
- Incident reporting
- SHE integration into other departments within the corporate context
The course is presented at venues throughout South Africa.